Shopping around for performance coils has become scary when it comes to the Mod motor.
RPM has found that all coils for the Ford modular engine ARE THE SAME. They ALL seem
to be manufacuted from the same part of the world. MSD, Granatelli,
and Accel all are manufactured in either China or Taiwan a Republic of China. So it doesn't really make a difference what any of them claim when it comes to power gains, they truly are the same coils.
The days of slightly above average performing aftermarket coil near plug design such as MSD, Granatelli,
and Accel are gone. RPM Outlet is proud to announce Weapon-X ignition true Coil-on-plug coils.
Weapon-X ignition (patent pending) Coil On Plugs (COP) for Ford vehicles with the 2, 3 and 4 valve modular engines.
Weapon-X ignitions true coil-on-plug coils are a completely new and proven multiple spark discharge design that unlike conventional designs such as MSD, Granatelli,
and Accel are nothing more the an upgrade OEM Coil near plug design.
All other Ford ignition coils are only Coil near plug due to the small interconnecting spring between the ignition coil and the spark plug.
The Weapon-X ignition completely eliminates the need for the interconnect meaning better, more efficient power transfer
capabilities than typical designs. Because of this, gained anywhere from 20 to 25 rwhp using them but many customers have reported fuel
mileage increases as much as 3 miles to the gallon meaning this is an investment that can pay for itself in months.
Weapon-X ignition has has designed an ignition coil that has surpassed all others in form and function. By improving the noise suppression techniques of the system the
Weapon-X ignitions true coil-on-plug coils are the ideal partner for high performance aftermarket CDI ignition systems. Do not be fooled by competitor claims such as MSD, Granatelli,
and Accel ignition coils are designed to work with stock ignition systems ONLY. Aftermarket CDI require different ignition coil operational parameters and Weapon-X ignition coils
are just the ticket to unleash the beast in your expensive CDI units! Stock style coils such as MSD, Granatelli,
and Accel just cannot survive long durability tests which compromise power output and durability in the long term use.
Whats also great about the WeaponX Xcop is that the connector does not move. It is hard epoxied into the casing of the ignition coil.
Internally it is connected directly to the ignition coil circuitry making it a true COP unit. In addition to that the Xcop was design was created from scratch which leads to:
*(RFI/EMI) which reduces erroneous PCM or electronic signals in your vehicle
- Improved ignition coil position for improved energy transfers
- The cylindrical coil can be installed in the plug hole, which was previously a dead space
- Improved ignition coil position for reduced RFI/EMI *explained below
- Very expensive due to custom re-modeling, testing, prototyping and re-engineering components to fit
- Improved efficiency reduces transmission length of high voltage to the spark plug
- Improved efficiency in reducing problem prone connection points
- Materials that conduct electricity better than stainless steel, High voltage leakage protection
- Professional level technology was borrowed from F3/F1 racing leagues refined to work on the Ford Modular 2V & 4V engine