After a long discussion with the owner we took on his challenge as one of our very own project cars. After a long discussion we came up with a few very basic parameters...
- The car must be totally street able, Run on 93 octane, Start without question, and never leave him stranded.
- The owner must be able to use the full power of the car without fear of breaking.
With these conclusions in mind we started to build a strong supercharged motor and drive train using FMS parts where available. When Ford wasn't up to the task we turned to Aftermarket products such as JE, ARP, Crower, and Mac to name a few.
Together we decided the new F-1 series ProCharger would be the center of the power plants design, and other parts such as full race ported heads, sheet metal intercooler, and air intake track would be optimized to increase efficiency and horsepower levels.
- Block - Stock Standard Bore and Stroke Ford 4.6L SOHC
- Crank - FMS Cobra Steel
- JE 8.20 to 1 Blower pistons
- Bolts - ARP Cranks Shaft and Head
- Cam - Crower stage II camshaft, springs and titanium retainers
- Rockers - Roller Tip
- Heads - Fully Race Ported
- Rods - Eagle H-beam
- ProCharger Polished F-1 Race Series at 7psi
- ProCharger 3-core Sheet Metal intercooler
- BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers
- 3Prime; Mac Cat-Back
- 3″ 2-Chamber Flowmaster Muffler
- 255 Walboro intake fuel pump with T-Rex inline
- 42 lbs Ford Motor Sport injectors
- Intake - C&L TrueFlow inlet plenum
- Custom Mac Cold Air Kit with K&N Cone
- C&L Air Meter
- FMS Billet Flywheel
- FMS Cobra clutch assembly
- 3.55 Gears
- Billet Short Throw Shifter
- Eibach Lowering Springs
- NGK Plugs
- Autometer Boost / Vac and Fuel
- Consol Cluster Bezel 2-Gauge Mount
A deceptively stock Saleen from the outside, this Mustang has a motor strong enough to support 600 HP. With minor supercharger pulley adjustments and some added fuel there is little out there that has been able to touch it. Looking back at all the hours, hard work, and dedication put into this project we feel proud to present this 2001 Mustang Saleen as an RPM OUTLET test vehicle.