NOTICE: Any product for sale on RPMOutlet.com that removes or tampers with emissions equipment is ONLY for sale to individuals who confirm they are not installing these items on any Motor Vehicle in the U.S.A. . By purchasing any product labelled as such, customer confirms they abide by all rules concerning state and local emissions laws including the federally mandated Clean Air Act. It is NOT legal for sale or use on any pollution controlled Motor Vehicle in any U.S State regardless of Local / State emissions enforcement. Legal only for Racing / Prototype / Display / or any other type of vehicle that has been determined by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) to be incapable of safe or practical street or highway use.
You the Purchaser Agree in that You Fully understand the laws in regard to the Clean Air Act which concerns motor vehicles. According to the Clean Air Act some of the following regulations, as stated below (but not limited to), are considered illegal:
42 U.S. Code Chapter 85 - AIR POLLUTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL
42 U.S. Code § 7522 - Prohibited acts
- for any person to remove or render inoperative any device or element of design installed on or in a Motor Vehicle or Motor Vehicle engine in compliance with regulations under this subchapter prior to its sale and delivery to the ultimate purchaser, or for any person knowingly to remove or render inoperative any such device or element of design after such sale and delivery to the ultimate purchaser; or
- for any person to manufacture or sell, or offer to sell, or install, any part or component intended for use with, or as part of, any Motor Vehicle or Motor Vehicle engine, where a principal effect of the part or component is to bypass, defeat, or render inoperative any device or element of design installed on or in a Motor Vehicle or Motor Vehicle engine in compliance with regulations under this subchapter, and where the person knows or should know that such part or component is being offered for sale or installed for such use or put to such use;
By Purchasing Products from RPM Outlet or its affiliates that remove or tamper with emissions equipment, You (the purchaser) agree You have read the Clean Air Act in its entirety, and that any part(s) purchased from RPM Outlet, or any of its affiliates, that could be used to violate such laws as stated, but not limited to such laws, will be strictly used for competition use only, in sanctioned events only, NEVER ON A MOTOR VEHICLE. You also agree that You will not distribute any parts purchased from RPM Outlet, or its affiliates, to anyone who will use these products in any other manner than competition racing, and in sanctioned events only, NEVER ON A MOTOR VEHICLE.
- REQUIREMENTS REGARDING IMPORTED VEHICLES: Before Purchasing any part labelled as "race only" for a imported vehicle (not manufactured in the U.S.A.) please read and agree to the following:
- (h) Exemptions and exclusions based on prior EPA authorization. The following motor vehicles are exempt or excluded from applicable emission requirements if prior approval has been obtained from EPA:
- (1) Importations for repairs. Any motor vehicle which is imported solely for repairs or alterations and which is not sold, leased, registered or licensed for use or operated on public roads or highways in the United States. 40 CFR 85.1511(b)(1);
- (2) Importations for testing. Any motor vehicle imported solely for testing. Test vehicles may be operated on and registered for use on public roads or highways provided that the operation is an integral part of the test. 40 CFR 85.1511(b)(2). This exemption is limited to a period not exceeding one year from the date of importation unless a request is made under 40 CFR 85.1705(f) for a one-year extension;
- (3) Prototype vehicles. Any motor vehicle imported for use as a prototype in applying for EPA certification. 40 CFR 85.1511(b)(3) and 85.1706. In the case of an ICI, unless the vehicle is brought into conformity within 180 days from the date of entry it shall be exported or otherwise disposed of subject to paragraph (1) of this section;
- (4) Display vehicles. Any motor vehicle which is imported solely for display and which will not be sold, leased, registered or licensed for use on or operated on the public roads or highways in the United States. 40 CFR 85.1511(b)(4);
- (5) Racing cars. Any motor vehicle which qualifies as a racing vehicle meeting one or more of the criteria found at 40 CFR 85.1703(a), and which will not be registered or licensed for use on or operated on public roads or highways in the United States. See also 40 CFR 85.1511(c)(1);
- (6) National security importations. Any motor vehicle imported for purposes of national security by a manufacturer. 40 CFR 85.1511(c)(2), 85.1702(a)(2) and 85.1708; and
- (7) Hardship exemption. Any motor vehicle imported by anyone qualifying for a hardship exemption. 40 CFR 85.1511(c)(3).
To Obtain This Import Exemption or for more information on obtaining an exempt requirement please click on this IMPORT EPA EXEMPT FORM. It is the buyers responsibility to obtain this exemption BEFORE removing ANY Emissions equipment or purchasing any device listed on this site listed as such for imported vehicles, by purchasing any product labelled as such customer confirms they abide by all rules concerning state and local emissions laws including the federally mandated EPA Clean Air Act .